Hello my fantastic retreat instructors!
I am so excited to have you be part of this special day. It's going to be super transformative and meaningful in so many ways for the women and I'm grateful to have you be part of the magic. I want to make sure you have everything you need to prepare for the day, so please view the details below. The whole schedule is included so you can get an idea of what the ladies will be doing throughout the day, and where your role fits in. Please email me @ Liz@LizTraines.com if you have any questions. THANK YOU!
Schedule of Activities on Friday, August 18th, 2017:
8:45 AM - Welcome ladies/Intention Setting
9:00 AM - Yoga with Allison English
(Allison, please arrive by 8:30 if possible so we can set up mats and you can get acclimated with the spacing options)
10:00 AM - Mindful Eating/Breakfast with Melissa Montigue
(Melissa, depending on setup time, please arrive whenever you need, I hope we will be doing yoga outside, so you'll ideally have the kitchen to yourself for setup)
11:00 AM - Group coaching/Individual coaching with Liz
12:00 PM - Reflexology with Treesha DiGuido begins
(Tree, not sure how long you need for setup, but please arrive anytime before noon)
1:30 PM - Lunch
2:00 PM - Group coaching/Individual coaching with Liz/Reflexology
3:00 PM - Finalize individual action plans
3:45 - 4 PM - Send off with Intention
Debi Lilly Loft
3050 N Lincoln Ave
The loft space (where we will be for the day) is above "A Perfect Event," the event planning/floral shop owned by Debi Lilly as well and shares the same street address. The entrance for the loft is just to the left (if you're looking at the building) or south of the shop entrance.
Running late or can't find the space?
Call my cell: (847)826-8472
What the women will be bringing/wearing
- Their best energy, and an open mind that's ready to dream big:)
- Yoga clothes/Athleisure outfit
- Socks for after yoga
Other questions the women/instructors may have:
- Should I bring snacks/drinks or eat anything before I arrive? There will be a variety of yummy/nourishing snacks and drinks available all day for the retreat women and you. If you're there during a meal, or want to stay after your portion of the day, we'd love to have you stay.
- Any individual instructions I should know about for my specific portion of the retreat? Liz will get in touch with you with any additional details (i.e. injuries, dietary limitations, etc...).
- What if I have instructions/preparation I want to make sure Liz or the women are aware of? Please email me @ email@example.com and I'll update the women.
- Is DL Loft public transit accessible? It's not the most convenient to anything but the 11 Bus. So... I recommend using a ride share service called, Via. It's a $3.95 flat rate fare to and from most Chicago neighborhoods. If you're a new user, download the Via App, add your credit card and use my code: Liz4m7 to get $10 in free rides. Your credit card will not be charged, unless you take more than two rides.
- Is street parking available near DL Loft? There is Pay to Park for $2/hr along Lincoln Avenue and plenty of free residential parking on all surrounding side streets.
- Is the loft space indoor/outdoor? Yes, depending on weather, we'll have the option to be outside (I'll take a group consensus:)). I will bring sunscreen just in case we all want some vitamin D.
How the women are preparing their mind, body and spirit for the big day. Feel free to do the same if you like:).
These questions are optional, they are welcome to do as little or as much with them as they like. There is no right or wrong way to prepare.
- Write down your expectations for the day. Based on where you are on your journey, what intention do you want to set?
- Visualize how you want to walk into the retreat.
- Visualize what a successful retreat looks like FOR YOU.
- Check in with yourself: Schedule 10-15 mins each day (preferably in the morning) to journal. How are you feeling? What are you looking forward to today? What are you dreading? What aspects of your job and weekends do you really enjoy? How much of what you enjoy at work depends on someone else's praise or approval of you vs. a deep sense of personal accomplishment or satisfaction?
- Have you had any "wild" career ideas in your life that sounded really fun/interesting to you, and someone (including yourself) maybe told you you couldn't do it? If you can't think of anything, go do something you wouldn't normally do (commute differently, take yourself out for breakfast before work, make something new for dinner, say hi to a stranger, get out of your normal).