Many people believe you can't love what you do and make a great living doing it.
THAT'S SIMPLY NOT TRUE.
What I’ve found through my work as a career coach is that you may actually be limiting your earning potential by NOT loving what you do.
Flabbergasted by that statement? I know, if you talked to me 5 years ago, I would have called myself crazy.
So, why, might you be limiting your earning potential? Because you're neglecting your curiosity. And curiosity is the driving for force behind innovation and creativity. And innovation and creativity can be the source of CONSTANT motivation!
Think about it, if you're fascinated by what make airplanes fly smoother, faster, safer, more sustainably, quieter and at an affordable price point for consumers, don't you think you'd be constantly motivated to learn more about airplanes, physics, the airline industry standards/regulations, etc... so you could contribute to improving the travel experience and reducing the carbon footprint (something we really need more of today)? And maybe once you feel like you've had enough of airplanes, you move on to spaceships and learning all about Elon Musk's plans?
You see, without following your curiosity, interests and passions, money most likely becomes your main source of motivation. And money is great, right?! I mean, we need it to survive, and to do fun things, etc...
The catch is that money can only satisfy you so much, no matter how many fancy vacations or nice cars you're able to buy with it (or even how much you donate to your favorite causes).
For many people, especially the millennial generation, without that underlying job satisfaction, I'm talking the stuff like, "making a difference" or "contributing to the greater good" we start to feel purposeless.
So I’m here to give you the process, the 5 steps I use with my clients, so you too can choose a path that lights you up AND empowers you to live in exponential financial abundance. Because honestly, life is too short to feel deprived, and it’s also too short to feel like you’ve sold your soul to pay the bills.
Here we go:
- Gain clarity on what lights you up: What do you LOVE doing? What gets you excited? What are you good at? What are you values? If you could do anything for a living, what would you do? Dig deeper and ask yourself why these things are fun, important, etc...
- Build Confidence: You can make a living, leading with what's most fun and important to you. In order to achieve it, you MUST believe it exists and that you have the power to find it. Without that belief, fear will stop us from getting what we want. It knocks us down and tells we’re either not good enough for an opportunity, or it tells us that we can’t make a living doing something.
- Brainstorm: What can I do with my strengths, values, passion and confidence? How can we pair some of it or all of it together into a career? This stage involves informational interviews, online research, dreaming big on social media, reflection, etc…
- Plan: Now you know what you want, let’s go and get it! But how will you do it? How will you support yourself? How will you spend your time? Do you need a bridge job? Freelance work? Maybe you're not quite ready to take the plunge - do you want to dip a toe in by volunteering first? Take some time to Evaluate your spending habits, what do you actually NEED to pay your bills? You may be surprised at how you
- Execute: start moving towards that goal job! Look for other people who are doing what you want to do? OR other people who interest you. Ask for help. Don’t EVER STOP MOVING FORWARD. And sometimes, rest is what you need too.
Go after those dreams and watch the money flow <3
Need help with the process? I'm here for you.