Do you believe?
You want a change... whether it's about making more money, getting to the next level at work, making a bigger impact on the world, being respected by your coworkers, etc... But do you truly believe, deep in your heart, clear in your mind, you can achieve what you want? Do you have a vision of what that looks and feels like?
If yes, awesome. Otherwise, follow this 3 step process to make sure you're set up for success.
Let's say you want to make more money, because most of us would totally be cool making more money.
- What does this success look and feel like? How much more money do you want to make? How will you use the money/what will the money buy you (physically or emotionally)?
- Maybe you will gain peace of mind, because you'll start investing in a 401K? And investing in your 401K will allow you to retire early so you can travel allover the world.
- Or you will finally get to rent/buy a lake house, where you and your family can relax and unwind in the summertime?
- Or maybe the money buys you time? So you say bye to the part time work that's been funding your passion project? And now you can use all that time towards that passion project to impact more people's lives!
- Whatever the amount of money you want, connect with WHY it's important to you, and how AMAZING it will feel to have it! GIVE YOURSELF SPACE TO REALLY FEEL IT!
- How can you start to embody that feeling, right now!? Even though you don't yet have the money?
- Start showing your value - the value that aligns with that next level. "Dress for the part you want," mind, body and soul. You gotta prove yourself, so those around you naturally believe you can do it and think of you when they need what you can deliver!
- Proving yourself needs to come from a place of confidence, otherwise no one will believe you, and if you're good at faking confidence, you'll feel like a fraud (not fun, I've been there).
- If you feel confident, go SHOW 'EM WHAT YOU'VE GOT!!!
- If you're not feeling 100% confident in your skills, move on to Step 3.
- You need to believe you have exactly what it takes to make that extra moolah. This doesn't mean you have a step by step, detail oriented plan, it means you have the confidence to get there, however the universe intends for you to accomplish that goal. But sometimes, we are our own worst critics and we can't see all of our amazingness!!!! Use these prompts to reconnect with your strengths and gifts:
- Think about 3 career accomplishments you're proud of. What did you do to achieve that accomplishment? Did you question whether you had what it took to get there? Or did you just go for it? What was motivating you to get there? Why was it important? Was the accomplishment a result of taking on something else you truly cared about?
- Reflect on 3 difficult challenges in your life or career that you conquered. How did you grow stronger as a result? What did you learn? Is there any part of the challenge you feel like you didn't solve or wish it was solved in a different way?
These questions are designed to build perspective, awareness, and confidence. Most likely, you didn't even think twice about reaching your goals in the past, but now, later in life, we have accrued so many fear stories that stop us from becoming the best version of ourselves.
Don't let the stories stop you. You can do whatever you put your mind to!
Does this sound like you? You've got big goals that you want to accomplish! But you have no idea if you have what it takes (or feel like you don't and it's eating you up). That's why I'm here, to help you see your potentials and provide you the courage to take action. Schedule a free clarity session with me today to see if we're a fit!