Top 5 Weight Management Tips for Fall
It's officially Fall! leaves are changing, pumpkin is EVERYWHERE, Cubs are going to the World Series and it's cozy sweater weather. What more could you ask for!?!
Fall also calls for comforting, warming dishes and drinks. All so yummy, but not so fun if the indulgences come with weight gain. What if we could prevent that from happening? And still eat delicious, comforting foods?
That's why I'm giving you my top 5 weight management/loss tips for Fall:
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep! Without proper, quality sleep, your body will crave additional energy... like refined carbs and sugar, foods that will quickly add to your waste line.
- Make soup! Lots of it, and freeze it, so you have it on hand when you're craving a warm, comforting dish. This one is my favorite: Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup
- Drink water! Even though you don't sweat in the Fall like you do in the summer, your body still needs water to keep the blood flowing (aka keep you warm!), prevent skin dryness, and help prevent you from confusing dehydration with hunger.
- Prep nutritious snacks for the week... My friend and healthy, accessible, meal delivery service chef, Marissa Murphy, makes these delicious, super easy, Pumpkin Energy Balls to keep in your fridge or bring with you on the go. You can also load up on roasting veggies at the Farmer's market: fresh squashes, turnips, brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, carrots, beets (don't forget some apples too!). Having these items on hand will satisfy those sweet & salty cravings in a healthy way.
- Breathe! The changing of seasons means changes in perspective, priorities, weather, clothing, routines, energy, etc... Be kind to yourself when things get stressful and take a few deep breaths to re-center yourself.
Enjoy the season!
P.S. Get in touch with me for a free 90-minute clarity session! We will talk about your current health struggles, visualize your ideal healthy lifestyle and brainstorm what it will take to get there.